1/11/15... I held a baby TIGER and am learning P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E

I held a baby tiger!!
FAM FAM!! 

Thank you so much for the updates, I am so so happy to hear all is well with my favorite people. I am always amazed at how much happens in a week with you guys.. but then again I look back on my week here and I am like "whoa that all happened THIS week??" time is a funny thing out here...

But I really do appreciate all of the love and letters and PRAYERS.. I have so felt them this week, especially yours mom and dad :) so THANK you THANK you THANK you!

This week can really be summed up with D&C 64:32-33:

"But all things must come to pass in their time. Wherefore be not weary in well doing for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth forth that which is great."

The other day in our companionship inventory Sister Herrmann and I said something to the effect of both really wanting to work on patience for the coming week.. Well Heavenly Father was very generous in helping that happen! Haha we are learning a lot about trusting the Lord's timing right now with our investigators.

Our week started out with Brother ธงชัย (Tong chai) the brother of the Patriarch calling and saying that he has decided to go to the Protestant church with his daughter after all. We were so so sad. We have talked with the Patriarch a few times about it, and I think we all feel like we need to be PATIENT with his timing with the gospel. Right now, he has accepted Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father into his life, which is a lot more than he had before. 

Haha Sister Herrmann and I are going through withdrawls a little bit though... imagine having Grandpa Floyd (especially his antics/humor) suddenly ripped from your life... our calls/lessons with him were always so fun and unpredictable. We pray we will have the opportunity to work with him again!

So then with a few of our other investigators P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E is again the name of the game, trusting Heavenly Father and not getting to focused on OUR plans over HIS plans. 
With ขวัญ (Kwaan) we are still trying to help her feel like she can make the decision despite being the only member in her family. She has such little time to meet with us so that has been a challenge too (In Thailand if you are a student, you are ALWAYS studying or having special classes or testing, literally NO TIME... I'm pretty sure the words "sob" and "rien pee-said" make every missionary who has ever served in Thailand cringe! HAHA) 
With แปง (Bang), our new investigator from English class (seriously an ANGEL!) she is only 14 so her baptismal date is a little farther out. She is so good, and we are starting to work with her mom! 
Then with นอ้ย (Noi) an older man we have been teaching. So when we teach him we go to his house because he cares for his mother and can't leave her. He is really receptive when we teach him, but isn't able to come to church which makes it hard for him to progress towards baptism. Well when we visited him this week with some members we didn't have much time, but we got talking and come to find out, his wife and 2 children died in a plane crash years ago.. he has never remarried, just lives and cares for his dying mother. This is such a testimony that Heavenly Father knows His children and is truly doing work to bring to pass each and every persons salvation and eternal happiness. We talked about the Plan of Salvation and Eternal Families and bore testimony that they will be reunited someday. SO awesome. In the right timing (again patience) he will be baptized and sealed to his wife and children. 

The Sisters in our Zone! LOVE THEM
I am grateful to know that no effort in this work is wasted. That rapid progression is not the sign of the Lord's approval or hand, but that if we trust Him and are not "weary in well doing" all things will "come to pass in their time". I love the next verse (verse 34) of D&C chapter 64 that reminds that "the Lord requireth the heart and a willing mind and the willing and obedient shall eat the good of the land of Zion in these last days." I am grateful for the chance to give him my heart and mind for 18 months, and in turn to be able to see so many times here in Thailand where we are, and have been "eating the good of the land". Whether it be in finding investigators, having baptisms, the awesome ward, literally "eating the good of the land" in the YUMMY food here haha, or just in laughter and fun times, the Lord has truly blessed us here in บางนา.

So some other fun updates/ to answer your questions:

With cute little Sister สุชาดา..
Yes... I am the resident GIANT in Thailand. hahaha
I met a Sister who served with Uncle David, Sis สุชาดา! Small world, she said to tell him Hello! and when I told him he has 6 kids she was so impressed.. haha so congratulations to you Uncle Dave on the big fam from Sister สุชาดา!

I held a BABY TIGER last Monday!! We went to the Crocodile farm with a bunch of other missionaries including my beloved Sister Coates.. SO fun!!
Some of the Elders and Sisters in our Zone... 

I am SO excited for the package.. you are the best!

You asked if I have to eat anything gross.. To be honest I never really have to eat anything gross! There are always chicken and vegetable dishes at everything so I am always good to go! the members LOVE that I love spicy food.. they always tell me there is no way that I just got to this country cause most missionaries, greenies or not, can't handle it HAHA!

You asked if I bake, not really! there is nothing in this country to bake! haha I miss it. Send me stuff someday and I will bake it up for sure! But I have made some cute cards and fun notes with my supplies... bringing the zigs was such a good idea! BEST MARKERS EVER. and I love the washi tape!

About the language, the gift of tongues is so real! I can read it and write it, and it gets easier and easier everyday. I think the thing that helps the most is to read out loud from the Book of Mormon everyday.. it helps with tones so much. Spelling is crazy, and I get so bugged because my handwriting in Thai isn't quite as good as my english handwriting yet but I am working on it! Sometimes Sister Herrmann and I are just sitting there and we are like "What the heck, we speak Thai!" Its awesome, and such a blessing.

Well, that is all I have! Here is to another good week! I love love love you guys and hope you remember just how lucky we are to have this gospel... life is SO good! Keep up the good work, you all INSPIRE me to live up to the Morgan name :) 

xoxo Sister Morgan

Sitting on an ELEPHANT!!! 

This one is for you SISTER CROFT.. Who even knows what stanchions are anyways?!


The SISTAS!




the animals LOVE ME! 



No comments:

Post a Comment