2/8/15... About P-Lok... It is AWESOME. Literally this place is perfect.

My district... we love picture timers!!
FAMILY!! Oh my goodness, thank you so much for the emails, I LOVE LOVE LOVE hearing about everything going on.. You are all doing so awesome! Mom and Dad, I'm glad the trip was so great (your pics are soo good!! THANK YOU!) and I am glad that all the boys survived! 

So today a member is actually taking us on some adventure and we don't have tons of time to write, so this week it is going to be kind of short... I will make up for it next week, I promise! :)

Here is a run down of this last week and hopefully I can answer some of your questions too:

About P-Lok... It is AWESOME. Literally this place is perfect. I would say the closest vibe I can give you on this place is North Shore Laie. Sometimes we will be riding our bikes and I feel like I am there! There is a river, rice fields on the outer parts, but like the town part is way good. I wouldn't say I feel like we are out in the middle of nowhere, but it definitely isn't Bangkok!

So this week we have been working like crazy with our new investigators... there are 7 of them! We are SO SO excited about all of them. We are still working with "Rung-Rad" then our new investigators are "Mate", "Brasit", "Odd", "Baam", "Tooaddchay", "Anon", and we have 3 more that we are meeting with this week "Guitar", "Newey", and "Youey". WOW, we feel like the Lord has answered our prayers tenfold to find people to teach. I wish I had more time to write about each of them, but they are all VERY different, so awesome, and we are so excited to keep working with them. 

Also this week we had the best training from our Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders! I love how refreshed I feel every time we have training. There are now 2 new key indicators to achieve balance for the week-- we need to get 2 referrals and teach 2 part member family lessons. When we first heard this, we were thinking how can we do this every week?! But it is totally the vision that Thailand needs. We had 2,000 baptisms this last year, and to help retain these people and help them progress in the gospel, what better way than finding people to teach, than from within from their own homes? Their moms, dads, siblings, grandparents. To me this just says, PREPARING THAILAND FOR A TEMPLE. Please pray that we will find part member families to teach! 
Lunch with our CUTEST Sister Training Leaders!!!!!!!
Ever since our training and just this past while, I have been thinking a lot about change. A mission essentially involves constant change- learning new things, moving areas, switching companions, helping investigators change their lives- The list goes on and on! I love one thing our zone leader said when he introduced the new key indicators, "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten." I love that thought, that when we want to change something, we need to be active about the way we go about it. It literally applies to every aspect of life. I have been thinking a lot about how it applies to conversion and consecration. I am grateful for a knowledge that we are not cast in stone. That all things in Heavenly Father's plan are in our favor to change and constantly become more like Him. 

Well that is all I have for this week, I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!! 

Please know:

PJ, I still love you even if you go to Kamiakin. I might even wear some red and yellow to your games
Brad, I wanna see a pic of your hair! I bet its so CUTE
Ty, send me a video of the dessert eating HAHA literally died when I read about that
Mom and Dad, I am glad you had so much fun with Rob and Kristy! And I will raise my bike seat....

Also!! Random Miracle for the week: Sister Herrmann let me know that this Sunday "Githey" got baptized! He this guy we started teaching in Bangnaa right before I left that I invited on the street while he was buying corn (I don't know any other way to explain him than to say, literally the most HILARIOUS gay guy that we were a little unsure about to be honest) She said he is so happy.. I am so HAPPY (/a little in shock to be honest!) This work is too too good. On top of that.. His family is from P-Log... you see what I am thinking here?! 

have a great week people!
We went to the coolest waterfalls for P-Day last Mon!





....pondering
Sister N-cott!
by the waterfall... I think we need to have our family reunions here!

Check it out.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment