2/15/15... Sometimes I have to remind myself that this is real life... I RODE an ELEPHANT!

Family of mine, I am so glad everyone is doing well and hanging in there. Literally it is so crazy to me to think the boys are snowboarding right now... what even is snow?!

Hahaha the sun is DEFINITELY shining here in P-Lok. Life is so good! Here is the lo-down on the week...

So we have been teaching like crazy this week, such a blessing that we have so many investigators right now. I will keep you posted on them, but with some of them it is kind of a slower process... only being able to meet once a week, going out of town until next month etc. But seriously so many cool people who are no doubt ELECT. Like for example, our cutest neighbor lady, she works/lives right next to the church and is an accountant.. (you know we talked debits and credits and financial statements for a while! haha accounting has my heart...) She goes to Bangkok for work weeks at a time with a pretty inconsistent schedule, but in the Lord's timing it will happen! Or there is this most adorable family (I think they are the family I have been PRAYING to teach!!) from English who can only meet with us on Tuesdays after English class.. so again, just trusting Heavenly Father and His plan for each of these individual people.

So probably the new investigator that we are just SO excited about right now though is Bro ฟลุค์'s dad! After our training last week about looking for investigators from within, specifically families of recent converts, we called ฟลุค์ and set up an appointment to meet with his parents at his house, which he assured us wasn't very far. So we are just so stoked and he comes to pick us up at the church, as in he is on his motorcycle and we are going to follow him on our bikes. Well we get going and I am pretty sure we biked like a good portion of the Tour De France at a speed comparable to Lance Armstrong (yes I am going there with the comparison hahaa), but in the end SO WORTH IT!! I like hang my helmet on my bike handle, then look up and there is this teddy bear identical older version of ฟลุค์ walking up to us with just this biggest smile... seriously his dad is adorable! We taught him (his mom was sleeping or something?) and he has a date to be baptized on March 1st. Seriously the coolest thing to see your recent convert testifying to his dad about how he knows the Restoration is true. Such a cool cool experience and I am just endlessly grateful to Heavenly Father for this vision of helping the FAMILIES of Thailand progress.

Speaking of families.. probably my favorite experience of this week. So we get done teaching เมธ์ on Saturday, and are just sitting there waiting for the Elders to come for her to be interviewed for baptism and we are just chatting. She starts telling us more about her family, she had mentioned before that her mom and little sister live in Lopburi (Bangkok) and we are like "Oh yeah, there is a church in Lopburi!" totally so excited at the possibility of her mom learning the gospel too. And seriously this girl... She goes "Yeah, I know! I told my mom about the church and she actually met with the Elders on Thursday and is going to church tomorrow!" I sat there for a minute.. a little speechless, my heart about to explode I think. How AWESOME IS SHE?! that little missionary.....
เมธ์ and บระสิทธ์ on their baptism day! So special :)
 So yeah we had 2 baptisms this week, เมธ์ (May) and บระสิทธ์ (Brasit)!! Oh my goodness, with both of these people it was such a testimony of the fact the only Heavenly Father knows who the prepared are, and as His servants it is not our job to try and figure out who they are, but just to open our mouths to EVERYONE. When I invited เมธ์ at the train station, she was with her friend and at first they were like ehhh no thanks... then she came back up and was like "wait I think I want to know about this!" So I set up an appointment for like 4 days out when she was free and kinda thought she might just kinda forget/wasn't way interested. Well I was so wrong. I can't fully describe just her humility and faith and love for what she has learned. I feel like I write something to this affect every week, but I am seriously continually humbled at the opportunity to play a part in introducing His children to the truth that as they open their hearts, feels so familiar to them. It is SO beautiful. 

But yeah, such a good week, one for the books for sure. Especially with our adventures last P-day.. SO MUCH FUN! Some of the members rented this big van and took us up to see another waterfall... then took us to an ELEPHANT RESORT... your eyes are not deceiving you.. you just read ELEPHANT RESORT, who knew those existed?! They do...... we played with and rode elephants and it was just such a good time! Sometimes I have to remind myself that this is real life.. the "hey I am riding an elephant right now and it actually really hurts and is kind of scary especially on the downhill parts and when the one you are riding keeps bowing its neck as it steps down" selfie is not something everyone gets to take in their lifetime and I am so grateful. I love Thailand, I love being a missionary in Thailand, but most of all I love this work!  

Thats all I have for this week, I love you all so so much, lets make this next week a good one!!

xo Sister Morgan 
The waterfall of the week.... soo good


ตุยนุย "Thooey Nooey" and หมิว "Meeow" love them
The ELEPHANT RESORT... which is also a human resort, family vacation?!

"hey you, come here you elephant you!"

"wait no come back, I love animals..."

"I just want to hang out..."

this pic is for dad's enjoyment!  (--It is in 'the flower on the head ballet costume pic' family)
...I think I had just been holding its trunk then it breathed on me or something.. hahaha
he eventually came around!
then he let me get on him!
next thing you know we are riding off into the sunset together... these elephants man

the Selfie
this one is also for dad... your next patient?!
didn't you know thailand is famous for its dinosaurs?? hahaha when you find a random field of huge dinosaurs you stop the van and climb them!
district fun, can never pass up these head hole pic opportunities..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment