12/21/15... Sister Rungtip and I are happy and loving life- falling asleep last night we were laughing so hard I think we were crying.

nothing to do on P day... lets try on WIGS!
FAM!! 

So I only have a little bit of time today to send emails before our SKYPE on Friday- your Thursday- but I will give you some of the highlights from the week, and give you the good details when I have more time!

First things first- WE HAVE A HOUSE!!! Somehow the RS President got the wrong info, and the DREAM condo didn't actually have a problem with us renting! We moved in two days ago, I am sleeping on a rug, and we are getting things all put together! haha the pics of my nightly view will make your mouth water... especially you mom!
our view at night <3

We have some super cool investigators- a 17 year old boy named บอส์ (Boss) we met walking home from the church the other day- he was smoking, and it was the craziest thing, like an audible voice, "INVITE HIM!" We are also teaching the friend of a member- also crazy. We were inviting, I invite this guy sitting on a bench with his friend to come to the huge Christmas Journey to Bethlehem, and I am kind of explaining to him what it is etc....... the friend reaches in his bag pulls out a flyer for it and goes "Dude, I'm the shephard..." hahaha the friend is totally a member (an RM too! haha) who I didn't recognize! Long story short, we taught him this week, his name is บิก (Big) and he is super cool! Another miracle- this Nepali lady I invited in front of the hospital named โสบา (Soba) came to church and is way interested! She speaks little Thai, but like tons of other languages so we are going to teach her tonight- She took a Book of Mormon in Indian! Way way cool. 

Other BEST news- transfers were this week, and you would not believe it----- remember Cake the kid in Udorn that Sister Forte and I helped do his mission papers?? So he got his call to Thailand--- and HE IS NOW IN OUR DISTRICT!! He is totally serving here and it is so weird to not call him Cake and to see him as a missionary- HE IS AWESOME!
Welcome to the mission CAKE!!!!

I got the package from you guys at transfers, took it to our hotel room, and wasn't planning on opening it until Christmas- but we got home Friday night and ANTS were ALL OVER IT! I don't even know what happened! So I opened it------ OMG as always you guys are SOO thoughtful. Thank you so so much for everything, it was perfect. 

I think the best part- I took the Muddy Buddies to church yesterday to share with everyone, and bless his heart, I gave Elder Kanikam some of the cake batter ones and he totally came back and was like "Sister Morgan, tell your mom that was the best thing I have ever eaten...." hahahaha I was like "Really?" so I gave him the whole bag and he was sooo happy. He felt all bad to take my Christmas goodies but I told him, "No no no, my mom will be so honored that a member of the Quorum of the Seventy loved her puppy chow!" PRICELESS

Mom you are so good. 

This week I was led to read the talk "The Touch of the Master's Hand" by Boyd K Packer- I love the poem he ends with, I am sure you guys have heard it before, but I just want to throw it in here at the end cause I think it is so true about our lives as we ponder the "whys?" of every situation we find ourselves in. Maybe this week I have pondered, why are we opening this area? why are we having a hard time finding a house? why am I training Sister Rungtip? why do I need to learn these lessons?

’Twas battered and scarred, and the auctioneer
Thought it scarcely worth his while
To waste much time on the old violin,
But held it up with a smile:
“What am I bidden, good folks,” he cried,
“Who’ll start the bidding for me?”
“A dollar, a dollar”; then, “Two!” “Only two?
Two dollars, and who’ll make it three?
Three dollars, once; three dollars, twice;
Going for three—” But no,
From the room, far back, a gray-haired man
Came forward and picked up the bow;
Then, wiping the dust from the old violin,
And tightening the loose strings,
He played a melody pure and sweet
As a caroling angel sings.
The music ceased, and the auctioneer,
With a voice that was quiet and low,
Said, “What am I bid for the old violin?”
And he held it up with the bow.
“A thousand dollars, and who’ll make it two?
Two thousand! And who’ll make it three?
Three thousand, once, three thousand, twice,
And going, and gone!” said he.
The people cheered, but some of them cried,
“We do not quite understand
What changed its worth.” Swift came the reply:
“The touch of a master’s hand.”
And many a man with life out of tune,
And battered and scarred with sin,
Is auctioned cheap to the thoughtless crowd,
Much like the old violin.
A “mess of pottage,” a glass of wine,
A game—and he travels on.
He’s “going” once, and “going” twice,
He’s “going” and almost “gone.”
But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that’s wrought
By the touch of the Master’s hand. 

So grateful for the ever mindful Master who has tuned and re-tuned and is still tuning this missionary through lots of different experiences- I love Him for it and know with the touch of His hand, I and we will become all He needs us to be. 

Sister Rungtip and I are happy and loving life- falling asleep last night we were laughing so hard I think we were crying. OMG who is with me that those are the best moments in life? You get to meet her in 4 days!
I love you guys soooooooooo much, see your cute faces oh so so soon!!

xoxo SISTER MORGAN
haircut!!! how cute is she?!?
We love our missionaries in the TBM!!!
*Elder Choi's dad passed away this past week and he went home for the funeral. Pray for him and his fam
the APs
teaching Vocabulary at english this week.......... my specialty








No comments:

Post a Comment