3/7/16... Sister Morgan's LAST letter... You already know what I'm going to say- so I'll just say it (for one last time, bear with me people)... It was the BEST week.

selfiesselfiesselfies wit da girlllllllllllllllllls
famfamfaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam

FIRST OF ALL: Happy Happy Birthday to my favorite big brother- Can't even believe you are 24... but even more than that can't even believe I can give you a big b-day hug with my own two arms. OMG IS THIS REAL?

Also I am so glad Mom and Dad dodged the plagues of Puerto Rico and are taking some r&r in tried and true MAUI................the best!!

You already know what I'm going to say- so I'll just say it (for one last time, bear with me people)... It was the best week. 

We were busy busy with our investigators and getting Sister Wi ready to go, and it was really just so apparent that Heavenly Father was in it all. I know He is aware of, interested in, and planning for the details of our lives continually. 

I share just two experiences from the week that capture this truth. 

Wednesday night we taught Sister แตงกวา (TheengGwa) and as the lesson was closing, we could all feel it. This girl knows the church is true and has received her witness. I think my fave thing she said was, (and it is way better in Thai phrasing, but the English gets the point across too) "It's like when I wake up, immediately my thoughts go to Heavenly Father. I want to talk to Him all the time." 

I had one of those confirming moments of the Spirit just like, "Yes Sister Morgan, that is exactly why you're here. You are here to help people make their own relationships with Heavenly Father and have those feelings for Him." so warm/happy/overwhelming the feelings in that moment. 

We talked some more, and she knew she was ready for baptism, but would be going to ChiangRai for work (sidenote: She is totally an accountant for the Thai Postal Service- I LOVE ACCOUNTING/ANDTHEREFOREILOVEACCOUNTANTS) on Friday and Saturday- and her baptism was scheduled for Saturday. We looked at the calendar and talked over following weeks, nothing really setting/ feeling right to her. Suddenly it is so clear, and I look at her....

"แตงกวาคะ", ("TheengGwa kha",) "I think you should be baptized tomorrow." 

And she knew she should be baptized tomorrow too. So perfectly, Sister แพร (Preah) our other investigator who was originally going to be getting baptized on Saturday as well, had called last week and randomly asked if she could be baptized on Thursday instead, so already there was a baptism happening. It was a most special day for two most special investigators that have seriously been so so so much fun to teach. They are both going to be such great members!

THE BAPTISM!
Fast forward, its Saturday morning- 4 AM and I learned after 18 months of living here, that there are in fact two airports in Bangkok. HA!  So after taking Sister Wi on the "scenic" route to the Swannaphum Airport where you stop by the Don Mueng Airport "on the way,"  it was clear to me why the Don Mueng Airport (which is right by where we live) looks nothing like I remember it looking like when we got into country.  (hahaha I have always just attributed it to the disoriented greenie first day culture shock that I just couldn't remember what it really looked like. HAHA I am so dumb!) 
sending off Sister Wi early early
So I will have you know... we totally got there in perfect timing still (BLESSINGS!) and as she is checking in, I am standing with Sister Forte and Carillo, and this guy is like, "Hey Sisters!" 

Totally a member from BangBuaThong who was dropping off this cutest couple ever from UTAH, who he lived with while he served his mission in SLC that had come to visit him and his family. I don't know if Heavenly Father could have answered the prayers to take care of Sister Wi, who was so so anxious/nervous/semi-terrified about making this trip, (A-she has never traveled/flown internationally. B- She can't really speak English..) in a more adorable way than putting Brother and Sister Halcom (who is a toy poodle breeder people, if you are looking for one in the SLC area hehehe) on her exact same flights. 
The cutest members and their cutest visitors from Utah! so so cool
travel friends! <3

He knows us, He loves, and He wants us to trust in Him and His ways. For His thoughts are not our thoughts, nor His ways our ways, but they are oh so much higher, perfect, and morfe than we could ever come up with on our own. (to somewhat "quote" a fav scripture)

Sooooooooooooo seriously the best week. Miracles on miracles. And more to come for these people and this area that I love sosososososososo much, that I'm not sure if I will be witnessing in the flesh or not (whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?) I am so excited for Sister Beckstrand (my new cutest/funnest/most down to earth companion) to take it all on. 

I think the only adequate comparison for the feelings of the heart right now is Christmas. (The answer is always in Christmas with me. (I STILL LOVE CHRISTMAS PEOPLE!)

Year after year we approach the cherished/best season with eagerness and enthusiasm. For some of us it starts earlier than for others. November for some, maybe even October after the 19th for others of us. We bask in the pleasures of Christmas magic- we're talking the music, the lights, the decorations, the scriptures, the celebrations- enjoying all the while, but in our hearts exists the tinge of wonderment for the "grand finale" of it all... December 25th. 

Knowing full well, that after the clock strikes 12, the 26th has approached, and its gone, just like that. We maybe even feel a little awkward about some things...

"Wait why do we have this obnoxious tree in our family room still?" (or in EVERY ROOM if it was my way!!!!!)

"Is there even a point to checking the mail anymore?" (Christmas card hoarders........) and, "Ok what are we going to do with this half full jar of red white and green peanut M&Ms on the counter?" (hahaha suddenly it seems so tacky)

Nostalgia and longing set in when you start the car and 105.3 has changed back to regular music that no one really wants to listen to. (no offense 105.3 lovers)

In the most magical "Christmas Season" of them all that has been my mission, I understand more fully the source and meaning of these feelings about the end, that I previously considered to be but an annual state of childlike naivety. President Utchdorf puts it perfectly,  

"In the light of what we know about our eternal destiny, is it any wonder that whenever we face the bitter endings of life, they seem unacceptable to us? There seems to be something inside of us that resists endings. Why is this? Because we are made of the stuff of eternity. We are eternal beings, children of the Almighty God, whose name is Endless and who promises eternal blessings without number. Endings are not our destiny. The more we learn about the gospel of Jesus Christ, the more we realize that endings here in mortality are not endings at all. They are merely interruptions- temporary pauses that one day will seem small compared to the eternal joy awaiting the faithful. How grateful I am to my Heavenly Father that in His plan there are no true endings, only everlasting beginnings."

Thats right people, made of the stuff of eternity. With that in mind, I really am so excited to start the next "beginning" of my life. (also I am excited to celebrate Christmas this year, I have been gone for two of them people)

The "Christmas magic" from these last 18 months has changed me, strengthened me, saved me, and the testimony that burns inside my heart at the "grand finale" of it all is one I have been singing in the back seat of Mom's car since I was two, 

I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. 
I know who I am. 
I know God's plan. 
I'll follow Him in faith. 
I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. 
I'll honor His name. 
I'll do what is right. 
I'll follow His light. 
His truth I will [still, foreverandeverandeverandever] proclaim! 

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee yeah. 

so ho ho ho and Merry Christmas. 

I will save the xoxo and just give you some real ones so so soon! 

[Sister Morgan] is coming to town.......... (hahaaaaaa eww that was so lame)

love you guys so much, 

Sister Morgan
teaching Sister เอ๋ (Aye?) in the mornings at her restaurant! 
day one when we became companions at the mission office- here we are with the Elders from Laos
here is a trip down memory lane with Sister Wi
thanks to her camera and her endless picture taking...... YAY
planning, calling, calling, calling, planning cheeeeeeee
she really never misses a pic opportunity
she totally took a pic of me while we were praying SO NAUGHTY!!!! hahaha
teaching the CUTEST Laotians- we love them so much!
visiting a fun fam by the river to share some scripture and sing together YAY
with our favorite celebrity couple <3
the best FHE to send off Sister Wii at the Wolf's house! 
our glamorous emailing raan...........
I have spent every Monday for the past who knows how many weeks in one of these! 
they got Mrs Fields cookies EVERY Monday from Central after emailing! haha
OMG BEST THING EVER. The International ward had a ward talent night and the Dent brothers did the best montage dance apparently from Jimmy Fallen or something with a dance called the NayNay???? we diiiiiiiieddddddd

Then the Dean kids did Thriller....... OMGOMGOMG
Shopping at Siam Paragon!........ it was sooooooo incredible
So beautiful- seriously
Jim Thompson Silk at Siam! 

WISAN and NOI's for dinner <3
Sunday night visiting Sister Nings family- we took the cutest little boat to cross the river!
i love all things Thailand
plus this is my new companion- SISTER BECKSTRAND!! She is perfect and I love her


the FEAST they prepared in my honor-- I love Bro Winay and Sister Noi <3
FHE at President Satid's house- SO FUN!
Visiting ณิชา (Nicha) and teaching her mom-- she can totally play this Thai instrument way well!


they gave me a throne for our last district meeting
And LAST but not least... this surprise email came on Saturday night:  

My last email from Thailand to you 5- the ones who have been with me through it all. Thanks so much for emails every week and for the love I felt from you guys the whole time! I am serious- couldnt have done it with out you.

The church is true and I will see you SOON

i love you guys SO MUCH 

this is the happiest time in my whole life and I am so glad we get to share it all. Heavenly Father has been so generous to our family and it starts with you two. Thanks for being the best. 

xoxoxo



















1 comment:


  1. Do you need personal loan? Does your firm,company or industry need financial assistance? Do you need finance to start your business? Do you need finance to expand your business? We give out loan to interested individuals who are seeking loan with good faith. Are you seriously in need of an urgent loan contact us at Email: perfectfinancialcredite@gmail.com
    APPLICATION DETAILS
    Your Full Details:
    Full Name:
    Loan Amount Need:
    Loan Duration:
    Phone Number:
    Applied before?
    State:
    Monthly Income:
    Country:
    You are to send this to our Company Email;perfectfinancialcredite@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete