3/29/15... Share, Post, Like, Breathe in the fact that HE LIVES!!! --Another jam packed week in Roi-et

Sis บุญตา and Bro เฟิรส์ --happy happy day!
AHH you guys are cruzin right now!! Soooo fun, I hope you get this email and I hope that you are taking TONS of PICS for me!!!! 

Wow this has been quite the week! It feels like I just wrote you guys, but at the same time this week has been so jam packed so it also kind of feels like forever ago.. funny how that is! 

Anyways! Big news of the week... We had 2 baptisms yesterday! Bro เฟิรส์ (First) and Sis บุนตา (Boon-Thaah) They are both so awesome. เฟิรส์ (First) is the 16 year old who has kind of been an orphan his whole life, completely smoked, drank, and did drugs. It is AMAZING the change this kid has made... The coolest thing on Saturday, I was sitting there with him after his interview and he just goes "Sister, I am not getting baptized because you told me to.. I am doing it because God told me it was up to me, and I want to follow Him." I was like YES!!!! Seriously, this kid just way understands the concept of prayer, that it is literal communication with Heavenly Father. And my fav, he told Elder Sukan, the DL, in his interview, that before learning with us he never wanted a family but now he does for sure because he knows it is important to God. He is an allstar, kind of a punk sometimes (its like that little brother relationship HAHA) but for real, he's so good!!
Sis บุญตา and Bro เฟิรส์ with Elder Watkins and Elder Keller too!

Then บุนตา (Boon-Thaah)... The one who I said looks like the Mrs. Claus of Thailand- Literally cutest lady! So it was seriously a miracle with her this week... The last time we met with her (totally a breakthrough lesson on baptism by proper authority because she has been Christian for years and baptized before) she told us she was leaving to stay with her grandson like 2 hrs away and wasn't sure when she would be coming back... so we left the lesson a little unsure about her date for the 29th. Well at the beginning of this week, I had the strongest impression to call her and tell her that Heavenly Father would make a way for her to be baptized the Sunday if we prayed and had faith. 

This brings me to a pause in the story to tell you about 3 of my FAVORITE people here in ร้อย เอด (Roi-Et)... เเม่ บุญล้อม (Mah Boon-Lahm) เเม่ จำปี (Mah Jumpi) and Bro ปอ (Bah) So the เเม่s (Mahs) are just little old single ladies who are at the church everyday... They teach with us and I can't even describe how adorable they are. Like the other day, they found out kettlecorn is my favorite food and they keep bringing it for me, or the fact that they both say "zone prayer" at 10 o clock like all of the missionaries and pray for all of our investigators specifically. How cute is that?! I am obsessed with them and I told them I am taking both of them home in my suitcase at the end of my mission (They loved that and remind me everyday :)) Then Bro ปอ (Bah)... He is a pretty recent convert and is in the bishopric- Literally funniest, cutest, most generous guy ever. He is with the Elders all the time and will do like huge lunches for us at the church and drives us anywhere at the drop of a hat. Seriously I LOVE THESE PEOPLE! 

So back to บุนตา(Boon-Thaah)... We are sitting there with the เเม่s (Mahs) and I tell them the situation about บุนตา (Boon-Thaah) and เเม่ บุญล้อม(Mah Boon-Lahm) goes "Call her right now, we will go pick her up!" So we call on speakerphone and get a map all drawn to her house and Sister บุนตา (Boon-Thaah) is just SO happy. We called Bro ปอ(Bah) and of course he agreed to drive us. I just sat there as this unfolded before my eyes, the willingness of these people to help the work of the Lord roll forward without a thought for the time and effort it would take on their part, just so happy to help her. Well long story short, a few days later Sis บุนตา (Boon-Thaah) called and said "Sister, I found a way to get to town, you guys don't need to come, I will be there Saturday night!" 

So at first, it is like wow, all of that planning for nothing (I must say, I was kind of looking forward to road tripping with the เเม่s (Mahs) and Bro ปอ (Bah)! hahahaha jk) But I really think it had to happen the way it did. The Lord wants us to do all we can, work things out the best we can, call on Him for His help and support, and He will work all things together for our good. The planning helped Sis บุนตา (Boon-Thaah) see the importance of baptism, fell the love of the branch members, and exercise faith in Heavenly Father. His ways are so so perfect. Plus I will never forget the scene after hanging up with Brother ปอ (Bah) and the plan was all set to pick her up, แม่ บุญล้อม (Mah Boon-Lahm) dancing around the room singing "I'm just so happy Sis บุนตา (Boon-Thaah) is getting baptized!" Seriously PRICELESS...

But yeah, other than that our week was great! We have the coolest investigators right now. Some of the ones I haven't told you about yet- A family from english (yay!) a boy ironically named บอย (Boy) who's grandma is a member in Chaing Rai, and a guy named แทน (Tan) who I met at the market that has learned with the Elders in Ubon before... They are all so elect!

Other awesome news/ fun tidbits:

-So I was looking on Sister Alley's blog and the week after Sister Nethercott and I left P-Log, ประลงค์ (Brasong) and แปะ (Bai), 2 of our investigators got baptized! It is so crazy when you leave an area because you have no way of knowing what happens with the people you were teaching (we aren't really supposed to call other zones just to call) But ya! ประลงค์(Brasong) was the former Monk that I found at the train station, who will literally be the next branch president there (mark my words!) Then แปะ(Bai) was a guy I met at the walking street market who really ended up being a surprise! The coolest part is that of the 6 baptisms Sis Nethercott and I had together, 5 are potential Melchizedek Priesthood holders and this last weekend was the District Conference for the North in Chaing Mai where they ordain them, so fingers crossed that all 5 of them went because P-Log needs Priesthood holders!
ประสงค์ (Brasong) and แปะ (Bai)'s baptism in P-Log! <3
-If you are ever in ร้อย เอด and find yourself wondering if you should go to the science museum, I will tell you right now... just don't go hahaha. Last P-Day, not a hit, still fun, but just save yourselves and go like... anywhere else 

-I miss the Stokers... They went to Chaing Mai and won't be back until later this week. haha

-I broke our kitchen sink last week (literally there was a pool in the kitchen) and our shower this week... luckily the people we rent the house from are like the nicest people ever!

-The video is here!!! SHARE, POST, LIKE, BREATHE IN THE FACT THAT HE LIVES!!! 


Is that not SO GOOD??

-Also! Ok people conference is next week (we won't actually watch it until the following week) but are they announcing the Thailand Bangkok Temple????????????

A sister can dream........... :)

That is all I have for you this week! Hope you are soaking up the SUN, relaxing, adventuring, and eating yourselves into mini comas (I know you guys all have the last one covered hahaha, especially you PJ)

ALL OF MY LOVE, 

Sister Morgan
District learning at the science museum + our favorite Brother ปอ (Bah)!
the science museum in all its glory......... yes that is Einstein watching over everything!
haha words I live by "EAT MORE VEGETABLES!
(all of my companions can attest to that one/ incessantly make fun of me for it! )

the park (its called the ปึง (Buhng)) where we invite almost everyday... 
seriously it is the best park in the world! 
Everyone feeds the birds and fish (and I think sometimes they want to feed us to the birds and fish for asking them to come to church a million times.....HAHA)
its not a Thai park if theres not a huge Buddha!
seriously it is so lush and green!

plus a workout facility! 

So cute right??????



and one last one.... so breathtaking


No comments:

Post a Comment